Monday 22 August 2011

The Beautiful Word

I've been drawing musicians again, this time The Beautiful Word, who gave a short free performance on the roof of the De La Warr Pavillion in Bexhill. It was windy, and with the sea views the lead singer (above with the toy piano) said it was like playing on an ocean liner. A great building and a very cute band. Somehow I, er, didn't quite manage to draw the male members. however, while we waited for them to start, I did grab a quick sketch of some of the very Bexhillian audience. Click if you want a better view.



8 comments:

  1. The mixed demographic put me in mind of a recent reading I attended!

    You capture so much in your sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rachel. I wish I'd drawn more now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father just happened to look over my shoulder and said, "Who drew those? I like them." High praise indeed.
    Cat from Downunder

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great drawings. Don't know the band but I can just hear happy, sunshine pop music ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Simon. More folk than pop, but yes, very sunny and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those two guys are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Kate. One thing Bexhill isn't short of is interesting characters. The one on the left was drinking a rainbow-coloured milkshake.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.