Saturday 16 June 2012

Spot the Difference -- and the winner is...



Well, I’m pleased to say there were 17 correct answers in the amazing Dan and the Dead ‘spot the difference’ competition. However, 18 slips of paper actually went into the hat because someone let me know it’s their birthday today (many happy returns!) so obviously that name had to go in twice.

But the pitiless gaze of Dame Fortune -- as mediated through the Hat of Fate and the Sea-and-Sand Fingers of my special helper, Benjy – takes little account of such things, it seems. For the name drawn out was…

Valérie

Congratualtions, Valérie! And this is especially pleasing as Valérie is a good friend from France, and as the French are still refusing to publish anything I’ve ever done, it’s nice to think that one copy of one of my books at least will find its way to a bookshelf in Paris. Albeit en anglais, but hey ho…

Keep an eye out for the facteur, Valérie:-) 

Sorry to all those who didn’t win, but I had fun doing this, so there may be another spot the difference competition soon. Like Dan’s facebook page to hear about it first. In the meantime, Dan and the Dead has been selected by Julia Eccleshare for promotion on Lovereading4kids. Here you can buy the book at a discount, download an extract, and also find out a bit more about me and my new books. There is also a crumby picture of me looking like I didn’t sleep very well the night before, but you can just ignore that.  

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.